Dev Diwali in 2017
Everyone wants to know when is Diwali and Dev Diwali in 2017 or when is Diwali this year … if you are also one of those who wants to know When Diwali will be celebrated across India, you are just at right place.
Diwali is on 19th Oct in 2017 year and Dev Diwali is on 3rd Nov this year.
Dev Diwali or Dev Deepawali is a grand festival only celebrated in Varanasi in Oct or Nov month after 14th days of Diwali. In Hindu calendar it is celebrated in month of Kartik. People refer it with different names such as ‘The God’s festival’’ and Tripurotsav. Tripurotsav name came in honor of victory of Lord Shiva on demon Tripurasur. It is believed that all Gods comes down to river Ganges on this day to celebrate this victory.
The traditional arrange of events for Dev Deepawali in Varanasi is kind of elaborate and is followed religiously each year. The ceremony starts with the providing of prayers (Ganesh Vandana) and flowers to Lord Ganapati. this is often followed by the providing of lit material lamps or diyas, referred to as deepdaan, by twenty one Brahmins and forty one young women with the intonation of religious text mantras within the background. plenty of devotees take a dip within the watercourse river on this auspicious day, referred to as Hindu calendar month Snan. This ritual is believed to disembarrass someone of his/her sins. several households additionally organize Akhand Ramayan (chanting of the Scripture, Ramayana) followed by Bhoj wherever food is obtainable to folks.
It is believed that on the day of Dev Diwali, the Gods and Goddesses comes to Earth take a bath in holy river of Ganga. This amazing tradition of diyas on the day of Dev Diwali was started at Ganga Ghats steps in the year 1985. This city of Varanasi, turns into one among the largest traveler attractions on the occasion of Dev Diwali. Thousands of devotees from completely different parts of the country and abroad, comes to witness this exciting sight.
How is Dev Diwali Celebrated?
- Diyas are lighted on all steps (Ghats) of river bank at this occasion.
- On this days prints get up early in the morning and do Kartik Bath and then they do deepen (lights lampls) in the evening in the honor of mother Ganga. Night ceremony is performed on this day by group of 24 girls and 24 Brahmin priests.
- Locals living near to river Ganges decorate their homes with oil lamps, rangoli on front doors. Many of the houses organize worships devoted to Lord Shiva on this evening.
- People who comes on the evening of this grand festival hire private boats and see all this by roaming into the river. Get a private boat hired as soon as possible for this day as prices goes very high on this day.
- On this special occasion of Dev Deepawali people leaves lighted lamps in river Ganges to get their wishes fulfilled.
On this grand occasion of Dev Diwali everyone is suggested to pre-book their Varanasi tours. Cost of boats goes extremely high on this day and most of the tourists who wish to participate in it at very last minute goes nowhere.
Tour Varanasi to see it alive.0